Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Beef Stroganoff Sauce

Recently I've been directing my kids (and 25 others) in a children's play and we have rehearsal twice a week.  Dinner on those nights has proven to be difficult.  So in desperation last week I pulled some frozen meatballs from the freezer and whipped up this sauce.  I let them simmer in the crockpot while we were at rehearsal and then all we had to do once we were home was boil some egg noodles (which  took a lot longer that I expected, ugh!)  Anyway, I liked the sauce enough that I wanted to record the recipe, so here it is.

Beef Stroganoff Sauce

1 medium onion, sliced or diced whichever you prefer
8 oz fresh mushrooms (I didn't have these on hand and so, didn't use them)
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
3 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp Beef Better Than Bouillon
salt & pepper
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup flour, all purpose
1 cup sour cream

Saute onions and garlic in butter until translucent.  Add 1 cup water, Better Than Bouillon and Worchestershire.  Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup water with the flour, whisk into to boiling sauce.  Let thicken then add the sour cream.  Pour over beef of choice, it was delicious with meatballs and serve over egg noodles or rice... all 6 littles were happy with dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment