Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

"Best" Cookie Recipe

My church put together a cook book, a collection of our favorites.  It is a real treasure because a lot of us were students at the time and don't live near each other any more.  Now every time I use one of these recipes I think of these dear friends and this sweet  time in our life.

This recipe was labeled as "Best Cookie Recipe" and I thought that was a bold statement, one that needed to be tested.  Well, let me tell you, they are exceptional.  This is my go-to recipe now.  And when taken to a bake-off (where I didn't win for brownies)... these cookies did win for chocolate chip cookies.

Best Cookie Recipe
2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
5-6 cups flour
3 cups oats
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
Mix-ins of your choice:  Chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, raisins, cranberries & white chips

Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla in mixer.  Measure oats into blender, blend until fine like flour.  Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.  Combine with wet ingredients.

Bake at 400 for 8-9 minutes.  This makes a bunch of cookies, but they freeze well, and they are so, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment