Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

PIzza Dough

I know everyone has what they love, but this is what we do!

Pizza Dough
2 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
7 cups flour (I use a combo of whole wheat and all-purpose)

Let yeast soften in warm water for a few minutes.  Add sugar and salt, the yeast should bloom (sort of like little explosions of yeast erupting at the top of the water).  Next add the oil and flour.  I like to use about half and half whole wheat and all-purpose flour, sometimes I'll do more wheat for my family and sometimes I do more all-purpose if I'm serving it for others.

I mix it up in my kitchen aid with the dough hook.  I beat it for 3-4 minutes.  Divide it into 2 balls and let rest for a few minutes while I prep the rest of my pizza toppings.

Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment