Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meathballs

I was looking for a good meatball recipe and came across a good base on allrecipes.com.  I just made my additions and loved it.  They were so, super easy too!  Such a fun addition to our normal boring spaghetti... although these would be delicious with other meals too...like a meatball sub!

Meatballs
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground beef
1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbsp dry, minced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
basil
oregano

Spread the olive oil in a 9 x 13 and place in oven while it preheats to 350.  Mix all the remaining ingredients (I personally love to just get my hands in there and mash it all together, but you can use a spoon, whatever).  Form the meat mixture into balls (mine were a little bigger than a normal cookie scoop, but smaller than an ice cream scoop), I got 12 that size.

Bake for 15 minutes.  Turn and bake for about 5 minutes more, until golden.

I put mine in Spaghetti Sauce while it simmered.  So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment