Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spaghetti Sauce

This was a new recipe (actually at the last minute realized that I didn't have everything I needed to make it my normal way and had to make due with what I had) and my husband and I liked it so much I decided to record it.  It was really yummy.

Spaghetti Sauce
1~ 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1~ 8 oz can tomato sauce
olive oil
1~ large sweet onion, diced
3-5~ cloves garlic, minced (I used 4 but they were kind of small)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
black pepper
oregano
basil
12~ Meatballs

In a 4 quart sauce pan heat some olive oil over medium high heat.  Add diced onion, cook for a few minutes until it starts to get translucent.  Add the minced garlic.  Continue to cook until onions are soft and garlic is fragrant.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  I know I didn't include an amount on the pepper, basil and oregano, I just sprinkled it in until it covered most of the top of the sauce (maybe 3-4 shakes).  Cover.  Simmer over low heat for an hour or more.  I removed the cover the last 10-15 minutes of cooking to try to get it to thicken up a little.

Serve over spaghetti and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment