Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Strawberry Dream Cake

My husband's birthday is coming up and last year I made him this cake that he absolutely loved.  I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com and made a few tweeks.  I'm thinking of making it again this year with a few surprises up my sleeve.  I wanted to get the recipe up so its quick and easy to find.  I'll do an additional post with my additions.

Strawberry Dream Cake
1 white cake mix
1 1/2 cups strawberries, sugared & pureed
8 oz strawberry cream cheese spread
3 eggs
2 Tbsp oil
8 oz white chocolate
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 pint sliced strawberries

Preheat oven to 350.  Prepare two 9" round cake pans.

Mix cake mix as instructed, replacing water with pureed strawberries (my cake mix uses 3 eggs and 2 Tbsp oil~if yours only calls for 2 eggs use 3 anyway).  Beat in the cream cheese as well.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden (the toothpick test won't work since its such a dense, moist cake).  Let cake cool completely before frosting.


To make frosting: Heat 1 cup whipping cream on stove top until frothy.  Pour over white chocolate and cream cheese, stirring until smooth.  Let chill.  Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl with sugar until stiff peaks form.  When white chocolate/cream mixture is cool gently fold into whipped cream and use to frost cake.  Garnish with sliced strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment