Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

These were SO, so good!  They weren't quite perfect, but I'll be making them again very soon so hopefully I'll be able to make adjustments until they are perfect.  Here is the recipe for now...

Sweet Potato Fries
2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" strips
olive oil
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
dried parsley

To get my potatoes ready I peeled them first and then cut off each end.  Then I cut the potatoes in half across the width.  From there, I placed my potatoes on one of the flat ends and cut them into 1/2" chunks, then turned the potato slices a quarter turn and sliced again.  I think I ended up with about thirty 1/2" x 2 1/2" fries.

After the fries were all cut I put them into a gallon size zipper bag.  I poured in a little olive oil.  Maybe 1-2 Tbsp maybe a little more?  I really don't know, just enough to make them shiny, but not saturated.  I added all the spices/herbs. Next I placed them, evenly spaced, on a cookie sheet and baked for 15 minutes in a 450 degree oven.  Then flip them over and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment